Sweet potatoes can be used in a variety of dishes, from savory to sweet. Here are a few sweet potato recipes to try.
Sweet potatoes are a versatile and delicious ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, from savory to sweet. Here are a few sweet potato recipes to try:
- Sweet Potato Fries: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut sweet potatoes into thin fries, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash sweet potatoes and prick them all over with a fork. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until soft. Top with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili: In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in oil until softened. Add diced sweet potatoes, canned black beans, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Season with chili powder, cumin, and salt. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Sweet Potato Casserole: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Peel and dice sweet potatoes and boil until tender. Mash with butter, brown sugar, milk, and cinnamon. Spread into a baking dish and top with marshmallows. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes: Mix together mashed sweet potatoes, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, milk, and eggs. Heat a skillet over medium heat and drop spoonfuls of batter onto the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Sweet Potato and Kale Salad: Roast sweet potatoes in the oven until tender. Mix together chopped kale, cranberries, and pecans. Toss with a dressing made of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard. Add the sweet potatoes and toss to combine.
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas: Roast sweet potatoes in the oven until tender. Mix together mashed black beans, diced onions, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Fill tortillas with the sweet potatoes and black bean mixture. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes.